This is going to be the first post in a series where I ask some questions to some of the more well known personal finance bloggers to try to get some insight and wisdom on their journey to financial independence.
This interview is with 'George' from TwentySomethingLawyer.
1. Who are you? What do you do for a living? What do you do for fun?
I'm George, a female, millennial lawyer currently in the field of public interest law. In my spare time I enjoy blogging, running, watching comedy movies and hanging out with friends.
2. What is your website/blog and what do you write about?
My blog is mostly about personal finance and the field of law in general.
3. How did you get in to the world of financial independence/early retirement? What are your financial goals?
I have a degree in Economics so finance always fascinated me. A college class in Financial Analysis started me on this road to financial independence. My professor had us do an exercise where each student simulated buying and selling stocks. After passing that class, I actually bought my first mutual fund shares. And the rest is history.
5. What is your favorite purchase that cost $100 or less?
My one terabyte external hard drive.
6. What things do you cheap out on?
Shampoo, clothes, transportation.
7. What things do you splurge on?
8. If you could give one piece of advice to a 21 year old college graduate, what would it be?
The career you're about to embark on will determine the rest of your life. Choose wisely. Whatever salary you have, it will never be enough until you learn to at least save 20% of your net take home pay.
If you'd like to participate or if you know someone who you'd like to see interviewed, shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.