This is part of an ongoing series where I ask some questions to some personal finance bloggers to try to get some insight and wisdom on their journey to financial independence.
This interview is with Rocky from 30and0 .
1. Who are you? What do you do for a living? What do you do for fun?
I'm Rocky. I work in Subcontract Management and for fun I practice Martial Arts. Namely Brazilian Jujitsu.
2. What is your website/blog and what do you write about?
My website is about how I turned 30 and realized I had not saved any money. My net worth was negative and my separation from the military was pending.
30and0 is about my comeback from the brink of financial devastation. It provides advice on for those starting from scratch later in life.
3. How did you get in to the world of financial independence/early retirement? What are your financial goals?
I was deployed in 2015 and knew that once I came back stateside I'd be leaving military service within a few months.
This realization terrified me.
I started doing research and stumbled across a slew of personal finance blogs. My financial goals are to be financially independent by the age of 50.
I have several entrepreneurial ambitions that I am pursuing and would love to be able to leave the corporate work force.
4. What are the top 3 books you love or would recommend?
I Will Teach You To Be Rich, How To Win Friends And Influence People, and The Compound Effect.
5. What is your favorite purchase that cost $100 or less?
E-books. Hard to beat the return on investment for something that can change your life for less than $100.
6. What things do you cheap out on?
7. What things do you splurge on?
8. If you could give one piece of advice to a 21 year old college graduate, what would it be?
You have enough money to start now!
Young people convince themselves they don't have enough money to invest and they'll do it later in life.
Your greatest gift is the time you have to let your money grow. Build the habit early and contribute more when you start making more.
There is no time like the present!
Get this Free e-book with my 7 favorite side hustles.
This guide is short and actionable with 7 side hustles people are using right now to make life changing amounts of money.
This isn't some B.S. fluff guide. These are real side hustles that I've tested and used to make over $50,000 in the last 2 years.